Have you lost your FireStick remote? When you lose a remote, the first thought that comes to mind is “it’s probably under the couch”. But what if it’s not? Truly, it’s a nightmare to lose a remote, especially one as small as the Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote.
But don’t worry if you’ve looked everywhere and still can’t find it! You aren’t the only one who has been affected by this incident. Don’t lose hope as there are many ways to answer your question – how to find your lost FireStick remote? We’ll go over a few different methods for controlling the FireStick in this guide. So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at all of the possibilities.
Why Do We Need the FireStick Remote
FireStick TV works on internet connection using Wi-Fi. When you first set it up, you navigate the interface with the remote to save the Wi-Fi credentials on the device. The Fire TV Stick, on the other hand, will turn on and connect to Wi-Fi even if you lose your remote. But you can’t do anything else without the remote.
This situation becomes even worse if you leave the range of your default Wi-Fi. It happens when you take the FireStick somewhere and forget or lose the remote. Well, you cannot track the remote, but you can do other things to control the FireStick.
How To Control Firestick if You’ve Lost the Remote
FireStick Remote Lost Within the Wi-Fi Range
If you don’t know, your smartphone can be used as a substitute for your FireStick remote. If your FireStick is connected to the same network as you. You can then simply log in to the app and start using your phone as a fully functional remote control.
- To begin, go to the Play Store or the App Store and download the Fire TV app.
- Simply launch the app from the app drawer after installing or downloading it.
- If you’re on the same network, your FireStick will now appear in the app without requiring a login.
- After you click on the Fire TV Stick on your phone, the app will prompt you to enter a four-digit PIN.
- The code, however, will be displayed on the TV; enter it to connect the Fire TV remote app to your FireStick.
Everything is now properly set up. It’s the FireStick’s digital remote, and you can swipe on the blank area to simulate arrow keys and click to select. Using the remote app, you can access settings, use Alexa, type URLs with the built-in keyboard, and more.
FireStick Remote Lost Outside the Wi-Fi Range
As the Fire TV Stick was connected to your home Wi-Fi, connecting the smartphone app with it was simple. However, if you’re away from home and forget the remote, you’ll have to put in a little more effort to get it to work.
You will be needing two smartphones to make this work; one remote will be our remote while the other will work as a Wi-Fi Hotspot. We recommend using a Windows computer, a Mac computer, or an Android smartphone with a working Wi-Fi connection because the hotspot name on an iPhone cannot be changed,
- Go to Settings on the smartphone you want to use to create a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- After that, go to Wi-Fi and Network -> Hotspot and Tethering -> Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Rename the hotspot to the same Wi-Fi network that your Fire TV was connected to previously.
- Change the password to the same one you used for the previous network.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot and restart your TV now that you’ve configured it. The TV should connect to the newly created hotspot automatically.
- Connect a second smartphone to the same Wi-Fi hotspot, then download and log in to your Amazon account using the Amazon Fire TV app (Android/iOS — Free). On the app, it will now scan and recognize your Fire TV.
- Now tap on it, enter the code that appears on your TV, and you’re done.
Grab the previous generation remote and connect it to your FireStick
Yes, you heard it right. FireStick comes with backward compatibility. Just press and hold the Home and then Left arrow key buttons at the same time for a few seconds, and then restart your FireStick to connect it.
Use your TV’s Remote
HDMI-CEC is standard on most Smart TVs. It’s essentially an interface that lets you use the TV’s remote to control electronics devices connected to your TV via HDMI. In the TV’s settings, look for the HDMI CEC option and turn it on. The FireStick can now be navigated using the arrow keys on the TV.
These were some easy solutions to the question how to find your lost FireStick remote? All these ideas are fantastic and must work. However, if none of the above methods work, your only option is to purchase a replacement for $29 from Amazon.