Missing YouTube TV on Amazon FireStick? Wondering where did it go? Well, because of a fallout between Google and Amazon earlier in 2018, the YouTube FireStick app had to be removed from the Amazon Store.
However, the two have finally reached an agreement, and YouTube is now available on the Amazon Store. There’s no denying that YouTube is a fantastic media platform, and we are glad to see it back on the FireStick.
Now, the real question is how to install YouTube TV on FireStick? You can easily download and use the YouTube TV on your Amazon FireStick. This guide will show you how to install YouTube TV on your FireStick. We will discuss different ways to install YouTube Tv on FireStick step-by-step. So, with further ado, let’s get started.
What is Amazon FireStick
Amazon sells the Amazon Fire TV Stick, which is a streaming video player. The Fire TV Stick, which costs around $40 and is similar to the Roku Streaming Stick in many ways, is Amazon’s entry-level streaming media player.
The Fire TV Stick, according to Amazon, adds “tens of thousands” of channels to your TV. The stick comes with a voice-activated remote control with a built-in microphone. You can use Alexa skills to give commands to the Fire TV Stick and control all of your home automation devices.
What is YouTube TV
YouTube TV allows you to watch live TV channels without having to pay for cable, and it works on almost all Android devices. It allows you to broadcast almost all of the major networks, including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, AMC, and others.
The YouTube TV provides excellent video quality, and it fully supports 720p, 1080p, and 2160p video resolutions. It means you have the option of selecting the video quality based on the display resolution of your device. Related: How To Find Your Lost Firestick Remote
How to Install YouTube TV on a FireStick
Installing via APK
Follow the steps to install YouTube TV via .apk on FireStick:
- Activate the FireStick device.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose a device.
- Option for Open Developers
- Unknown Sources should be enabled.
- Returning to the FireStick’s original location.
- Select the search option from the drop-down menu.
- In the search bar, type ES File Explorer.
- From the App Store, get ES File Explorer.
- It should be opened.
- To access the Download Manager, go to Tools> Download Manager.
- In the URL bar, type http://www.FireStickhelp.com/ytv.
- On YouTube TV, type in the pathname.
- Choose OK> and then Download Now.
- On the FireStick, YouTube TV is currently downloading. Please be patient for a few moments.
- Select the install button after the file has been downloaded.
- In the next step, choose install.
- Choose a finish.
- Go to the FireStick’s home screen, then to Apps, then to Live YouTube TV.
- Choose a resolution of 1080p.
- Now press the Sign in button to complete the process.
- From your PC or mobile browser, go to tv.youtube.com/start.
- On your FireStick device, enter the authorization code that appears.
- Select Allow now.
- Return to the FireStick and watch YouTube TV.
- Accept the terms and conditions, then relax and enjoy the show.
Installing from Amazon Store
YouTube TV on Amazon Store is not available in every country. Because of this fact, you need to download a VPN, such as Surfshark on your Amazon FireStick. Follow the steps to install YouTube TV via Amazon Store:
- Turn on the VPN.
- Open the Home menu on your Fire TV Stick.
- At the top of the page, click the Search icon.
- Enter YouTube TV in the search box and select the first option that appears.
- Select the YouTube TV app and open it.
- To begin the downloading process, click Get or Download.
- Once the download is complete, click Open.
Using Amazon Silk Browser
- Select the lens icon, which is the Search button in the top-left corner, on the FireStick Home Screen.
- In the search results, type in Silk Browser and click on “Silk Browser.”
- Click the “Silk Browser” icon in the next window.
- By selecting the Download option, you can download and install the app.
- Open the Silk Browser and start watching YouTube TV.
How To Set Up YouTube TV
- To get started, open the YouTube TV app.
- Choose If you have a YouTube TV account, sign in or try it for free.
- There will be instructions to follow, and an activation code will appear.
- Go to youtube.com/activate in your mobile or laptop’s browser.
- On your FireStick, type in the CODE.
- To complete the activation of your subscribed account, select Next.
These were the few simple steps to install YouTube TV on your Fire TV Stick so you can get the full entertainment experience without missing out on local news or sports.
The best way out of all the methods is to download it through the Amazon Store. Please note that YouTube TV is not available on the Amazon FireStick outside the USA. So, you will have to use a VPN to change your IP Address.